The following Terms and Conditions apply to users, viewers and all people who access this site (Website). Please read these terms carefully before using the Website. Using the Website indicates that you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms, do not use the Website. These Terms and Conditions are issued by William Grant & Sons Limited (Company).
1. You may access most areas of the Website without registering your details with us. Certain areas of the Website are only open to you if you register.
2. The Company may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting.
3. Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on the Website (including without limitation trade marks, designs, logos, text, images, audio and video materials and bottle designs) are owned or licenced by the Company.
4. Material from this site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed, commercially exploited or adapted in any way without the prior written consent of the Company.
5. Without limitation, the trademarks and all related logos, labels, bottle designs and all other intellectual property associated with all William Grant & Sons brands are owned by the Company.
6. Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms and Conditions are reserved.
Service Access & Acceptable Use
7. The Company shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily or permanently without notice
8. Without prejudice to Clause 7, the Company reserves the right to suspend, terminate or restrict access to the Website if these Terms and Conditions are breached.
9. You shall keep any passwords and usernames allocated to you confidential and the Company reserves the right to suspend or terminate the username and password if the Company suspects non-compliance by you with these Terms and Conditions.
10. You may use the Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Website:
a. in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
b. in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent effect;
c. to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any form of spam; d. to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
Links to Other Websites
12. Links to third party websites on the Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Website. The Company has not reviewed all of these third party websites and does not control and is not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. The Company therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Restriction on Liability
13. While the Company endeavors to ensure that the information on the Website is correct, the Company does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on the Website. The Company may make changes to the material on the Website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on the Website may be out of date, and the Company makes no commitment to update such material. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Company provides you with the Website on the basis that the Company excludes all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law)
14. Subject to Clause 15, the Company, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Website), and any of the Company’s group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with the Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of the Website, any websites linked to the Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the Website or your downloading of any material from the Website or any websites linked to the Website.
15. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit the Company’s liability for: a. death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Company, its directors, agents, officers or representatives; b. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland. Disputes arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts although the Company retains the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these Terms and Conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country. Issue Date: 30th January 2012
Whilst this policy sets out our general policy on how we collect and use your personal data, in some circumstances we may inform you that different terms apply to the collection and use of your personal data.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is William Grant & Sons Limited (registered company number SC131772) of The Glenfiddich Distillery, Dufftown, Banffshire AB55 4DH.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site(s) http://www.careers.williamgrant.com & https://williamgrant.recruitment.northgatearinso.com/b4rl/ ("Our Site"). This includes information provided at the time of registering with the site and applying for job vacancies. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
Records of correspondence between us.
Information you provide if you agree to complete any surveys we may use for market research purposes.
Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web server logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
Web Recruitment Portal. When a registered user logs into the web site, session affinity is maintained by session cookies. The cookie has a default expiry time of 30 minutes. The information stored in the cookie is a 32 character random string used to uniquely identify the users session. No personally identifiable data is ever stored in the cookie and is it is removed on exit of the application.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If William Grant & Sons Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of William Grant & Sons Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.