Senior Ecommerce & Digital Activation Manager
|Region:||United Kingdom and Ireland|
|Category:||Commercial / Sales|
Are you passionate about the future of e-commerce and digital activation? We may have the right role for you in our Hampshire office.
You’ll lead the implementation and evolution of our UK e-commerce and digital activation strategy to drive engagement, consideration and purchase of our brands. It’s a varied role working across all channels of trade. You’ll develop insight into right range and right space on the virtual shelf with an eye on maximising reach and return. You’ll influence purchase choice in the on premise through your understanding of what influences outlet and drink choice.
You’ll have experience of creating and executing e-commerce and digital activation plans across different channels of trade to deliver commercial advantage. You’ll be excited about effectively influencing purchase choice through understanding what people need, when they need it and where they are.
In return you’ll be part of a high performing, collaborative team who have true passion for our brands and industry.
Leading the development and implementation of UK Ecommerce and digital activation strategy, to create greater impact for WG&SUK and our agency brands, across all channels of trade.
Developing Ecommerce ranging principals and executing these across key grocery retailers. Developing insight into right range and right space for WG&SUK on the virtual shelf, to maximise reach and return.
Interrogating and interpreting available data to continue to develop, activation, evaluation methods to deliver high impact brand activation, balanced against highest return on investment. Implementing and developing WG&S global Ecommerce principals, to effectively share best practice across WG&SUK, the wider WGS group and with our agency brand owners. Leading UK interaction, as part of the global ecommerce leadership team.
Providing thought leadership and championing insight into future digital trends and area’s to deliver commercial advantage.
Understanding the ‘digital’ purchaser and how we influence them, to prioritise activation and gain commercial advantage for our brands. Sharing this understanding across other functions, to ensure we plan effectively.
Contributing to the development and execution of digital Brand Strategies and account development plans, ensuring sustainable growth and profitability for the company, brand equity and value.
Member of the Sales Operations leadership team contributing to the development and execution of the channel agenda in alignment with Brand Strategies across all WGSUK and Agency brands.
• Lead WGSUK progress in the digital arena. Aligned to global E-Commerce project, ensure WGSUK increase our share of sales online to exceed our share of shares in store.
• Develop and share effective digital customer solutions based on sound consumer, shopper and customer insights that allow WG&SUK to win within the digital arena. Managing the execution via the commercial teams.
• Developing Ecommerce ranging principals for right range and right space on the virtual shelf, to maximise reach and return
• Evaluate digital activities, share insight / best practice in order to drive continuous improvement both within the UK market, across the wider group, as part of the global ecommerce leadership project and with our agency brand owners.
• Work cross-functionally to co-ordinate digital activations to amplify the delivery of brand events and activations across all channels of trade (at the same time), to achieve greater impact and message consistency in the eyes of both the shopper and the consumer.
• Lead excellent internal and external, digital, cross-functional relationships, to optimise reach and impact of our digital activation. Up-skilling key cross-functional team members across our sales operations, brand teams and all commercial channels of trade. Sharing knowledge and best practice both locally and globally, to ensure effective engagement with the digital customer, in order to deliver business budget objectives over the 5 year plan.
• Manage the relationship with commercial and brand teams to shape the way we engage with the digital shopper, including ranging / sku and brand mix / customer development opportunities.
• Lead enhanced understanding of the online shopper and virtual store in order to then successfully support the sales operations and commercial teams to execute joint business plans, delivering WGSUK share and sales growth targets within this expanding area.
• Specific focus on: Amplifying and improving digital reach of promotional plans, search tools, shopper decision tree, across all channels of trade.
• Improvement of brand performance at virtual point of purchase through clear and focused approach, customer excellence and brand activation
• Identify and influence key customers, to test and develop ‘best practice’ digital principals across different channels of trade. Developing an engagement plan to influence digital capability and gain access to data, to allow insightful test and evaluation activations that deliver sustainable, profitable business growth and help us to better understand how to drive continual profit benefit from the changing online landscape and in order to “win where the growth is”.
• Deciding and Initiating Action
• Makes prompt, clear decisions which may involve tough choices or considered risks
• Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people
• Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works,
• Initiates and generates activity
• Persuading and Influencing
• Makes a strong personal impression on others
• Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating
• Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others
• Makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others
• Analyses numerical data, verbal data and all other sources of information
• Breaks information into component parts, patterns and relationships
• Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem
• Learning and Researching
• Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly
• Demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information
• Gathers comprehensive information to support decision making
• Encourages an organisational learning approach (i.e. learns from successes and failures and seeks staff and customer feedback).
• Manages knowledge (collects, classifies and disseminates knowledge of use to the organisation)
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
• Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction
• Sets high standards for quality and quantity
• Monitors and maintains quality and productivity
• Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way
Consistently achieves project goals
• Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
• Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends
• Identifies business opportunities for the organisation Demonstrates financial awareness; controls costs and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value
Knowledge Skills & Experience
• Online and digital expertise gathered from working in the digital environment
• Commercial awareness – makes sound decisions based on commercial benefits, proven track record in a profit responsible environment
• Analytical capability – decision making based on turning data evaluation to actionable insight
• Understanding and working knowledge of brand building within the digital environment and the ability to balance commercial delivery
• Ability to manage and lead through others and virtual teams
• Good interpersonal skills / relationship building
• Good communication skills (oral and written)
• Problem solving skills and able to identify sales/ product opportunities
• Track record of key stakeholder engagement and influence
• High level of IT skills
• Naturally curious and comfortable with leading peoples thinking in new area
• Strong, confident communicator with good influencing and interpersonal skills at all levels of internal and external organisations
• Capability to manage wide portfolio of accounts / contacts to deliver budget commitments.
• Demonstrates professionalism, credibility, trust and respect both internally and externally
• Strong relationship management skills with the ability to network across functions and influence internally and externally.
• Ability to travel within the UK to deliver the strategy via the team within the customer base.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you currently have the legal right to work in the location of the vacancy?