Global Strategic Planning Manager
|Region:||United Kingdom and Ireland|
Global Strategy & Insights Manager: Scotch
Location: Richmond, UK
Key Responsibilities & Critical Success Measures:
- Deliver expert level strategic consumer-brand thinking and input for the overall development of relevant brand &/or portfolio strategy, specifically for the annual Brand Bibles (5YP document), brand positioning work and portfolio level strategic decisions
- Analysis of the outputs and findings of brand health tracker, Lay of the Land study and other research input and deliver implication-to-action recommendations.
- Supporting key activation platform/activity development and optimization: Ensuring all activity is aligned to brand positioning & growth strategy; is insight driven and is uses M&E to test , learn & improve
- Lead key research projects from positioning, activity evaluation, NPD and packaging. Ensuring we are delivering best practice and leading edge methodologies and agencies.
- Working directly (or through GBTs) with key priority BMCs ensure local plans are strategically aligned to global vision and consumer goals and are in line with Dram by Dram growth strategy and approach
- High levels of impact and influence in the organisation through – flexible personal soft skills; utilizing marketing models and tools that are easily understood and bought into; aiding activation / execution that come as a result of insight or strategic proposal; challenging current thinking and inspiring for a better solution
- Ensure the consumer is placed at the centre of all conversations in a way that demands inclusion through positive, insightful, inspiring and action-orientated representation.
- Ensure all projects are delivered efficiently and effectively through - strong process and budget management; working closely and effectively with Research manager(s), Global Brand teams, markets & agency partners;
Brings the brand essence and positioning to life and creates genuine advocacy throughout the organisation
Uses business and market understanding to drive profitable brand and business growth
Global Business Awareness
Is well informed about the global nature of the business and develops strategies aligned to global growth plans
Demonstrates an ability to persuade, convince others to follow a course of action
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Degree level education or equivalent work experience
- MSc/ PGDip in Marketing or a related subject (or an MBA) would be advantage
- Significant demonstrable experience in, and mastery of, consumer insight and planning within leading FMCG companies or with a leading advertising agency.
- Consumer and market research utilization and commissioning experience - a deep understanding of best practice research tools, techniques and methodologies – continuous and ad hoc, qualitative and quantitative.
- Fluent English – essential, with additional languages an advantage
- Ability to make the leap from logic to “game changing” strategic thinking; ability to then take people on that journey with them.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to analyse and distil complex and bring it to life.
- Ability to combine data, judgement and experience to make effective decisions in uncertainty or ambiguous situations
- Proven problem definition and problem solving skills coupled with structured thinking and strong analytical abilities.
- Genuinely interested in brands, people & the brand-people dynamic