Assistant Brand Manager
William Grant & Sons have an exciting new opportunity to join their Marketing team as an Assistant Brand Manager, supporting the growth of Hendrick's Gin and The Balvenie. This is a fantastic time to join the business and truly make your mark.
Reports to: Head of Marketing, India
Responsible for: n/a
Key Relationships: India Commercial Team, Commercial Marketing Team, Global Marketing, Regional IMEA Marketing Team, Local Agencies (PR, Digital & ATL/BTL) External Network including industry networking.
To assist the Brand Managers on execuiting the Hendrick's and Balvenie India brand plan
Key Responsibilities & Critical Success Measures:
- Develop and execute a winning marketing plan for each of the allocated regionally managed brands
- Keep the brand strategy and implementation on track by identifying changes in consumer insights, channel dynamics and emerging trends
- Be the functional expert on experiential marketing and PR communications
- Connect, network and create lasting WGSI relationships with key opinion leaders and influencers in lifestyle and food& beverage space
- Align the Global teams to input with relevant assets and communication tools relevant for Indian market
- A&P phasing and planning to deliver the activations planned
- Assist the Head of Marketing in managing the trade partners from transfer of product knowledge to trade / consumer promotional support activity and pricing strategy implementation.
- Monitor and evaluate competitive activity making key recommendations that keep WGS Core brands on their planned value growth trajectory.
- Communicate the brand development and best practice with Global Brand Team and regional team in IMEA
Core Role - Functional Competencies
Relating and Networking
- Establishes good relationships with customers and staff
- Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organisation
- Relates well to people at all levels
- Manages conflict
- Uses humour appropriately to enhance relationships with others
Presenting and Communicating Information
- Speaks clearly and fluently
- Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly
- Makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence
- Responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback
- Projects credibility
- Analyses numerical data, verbal data and all other sources of information
- Breaks information into component parts, patterns and relationships
- Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem
- Makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis
- Produces workable solutions to a range of problems
- Demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system
Creating and Innovating
- Produces new ideas, approaches or insights
- Creates innovative products or designs
- Produces a range of solutions to problems
- Seeks opportunities for organisational improvement
- Devises effective change initiatives
Planning and Organising
- Sets clearly defined objectives
- Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances
- Manages time effectively
- Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks
- Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones
Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction
- Sets high standards for quality and quantity
- Monitors and maintains quality and productivity
- Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way
- Consistently achieves project goals
To be considered, please include your CV and Cover letter including your salary expectations and notice period to HR@wgrant.com
Whilst we would love to speak with each and every one of you, due to the high volumes of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. However we wish you the best for your job search and encourage you to continue following our Careers page and LinkedIn Careers page for any other roles that are of interest.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you currently have the legal right to work in the location of the vacancy?
- Do you have experience of brand marketing & activating of international brands?