Head of Commercial Finance
|Region:||United Kingdom and Ireland|
Reports to: Finance Director
Responsible for: 10
Any other key relationships: WG&SUK Director Team, Business Unit Directors and their teams, Marketing Controllers and their teams, Brand Owners, Finance and Supply Chain teams
To oversee the direction of the Commercial Finance function, reviewing strategic opportunities, ensuring alignment with other functions and directing team resources appropriately
Key Responsibilities & Critical Success Measures
• Overall responsibility for delivery of WGS Profit and NSV per case in line with target.
• Overall responsibility for delivery of Agency partner profit and margins in line with target.
• Working with Director team and other functional heads to review and evaluate new business opportunities and key business challenges.
• Co-ordinate the 5 Year Plan and Budget process, ensuring a robust plan that supports profitable business growth and long term brand value growth. Champion key business drivers to ensure delivery of plans.
• Providing objective, independent support to Sales, Marketing and Operations teams, including lead on S&OP.
• Co-ordinating the key planning processes and developing a support structure and framework to ensure delivery of our long term strategy.
• Ensuring our controls, processes & systems are developed to support our overall business needs.
• Maintaining a good knowledge of ongoing UK retail and brand developments, working proactively with Directors and other functional heads to assess financial impact and propose action
• Providing business leaders with regular updates on performance against KPIs
• Organising the Commercial Finance team to support the Grocery, On-Trade/RTM, and Prestige agendas, adding value and insight through financial analysis, investment appraisal and strong channel knowledge.
• Working with directors and Group Finance on the long term development of the Commercial Finance team within the business.
Functional Competencies Function: Finance
Deciding and Initiating Action
• Makes prompt, clear decisions which may involve tough choices or considered risks
• Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people
• Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction
• Initiates and generates activity
Leading and Supervising
• Provides others with a clear direction
• Sets appropriate standards of behaviour
• Delegates work appropriately and fairly
• Motivates and empowers others
• Provides staff with development opportunities and coaching
• Recruits staff of a high calibre
Persuading and Influencing
• Makes a strong personal impression on others
• Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating
• Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others
• Makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others
Writing and Reporting
• Writes clearly, succinctly and correctly
• Writes convincingly in an engaging and expressive manner
• Avoids the unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language
• Writes in a well-structured and logical way
• Structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience
Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectation
• Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction
• Sets high standards for quality and quantity
• Monitors and maintains quality and productivity
• Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way
• Consistently achieves project goals
Adapting and Responding to Change
• Adapts to changing circumstances
• Accepts new ideas and change initiatives
• Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations
• Shows respect and sensitivity towards cultural and religious differences
• Deals with ambiguity, making positive use of the opportunities it presents
We are proud of our brands, our heritage, and our commitment to superior quality in our products.
We are accountable and are committed to performing to our full potential within our teams, and as individuals.
We value integrity, transparency, professionalism and constructive debate within a team working culture.
We foster a forward thinking and pioneering culture that recognises the need for innovative thinking and continuous improvement.
Think Long Term
We all care deeply about the long term prosperity of the business and understand that this long term perspective gives us a major competitive advantage.
We wish to make a positive contribution to our communities and to our environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / ACMA) with at least 5 years post qualified work experience.
• Proven experience of Management Accounting in commercial environment, with strong understanding of financial controls.
• Successful experience of strategic business planning
• Ability to meet month-end, year-end and annual forecasting/budgeting deadlines
• Proven team leader who can set objectives, performance manage a team and develop individuals to achieve their potential
• Ability to constructively challenge processes and influence others to the benefit of the organisation
• Ability to think beyond the Finance function and apply financial information cross-functionally
• Ability to communicate financial concepts and information to non-technical internal and external customers
• Demonstrates skills in leading and motivating people to achieve individual, team and project results
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you currently have the legal right to work in the location of the vacancy?