Senior Communications Manager (maternity cover)
|Region:||United Kingdom and Ireland|
A diverse and influential position has become available within a fast paced and growing business with an enviable portfolio of global brands.
Family owned distillers, William Grant & Sons UK is looking to appoint a Senior Communications Manager to manage both its internal and external corporate communications strategy, as well as supporting on initiatives across its exciting brand portfolio, including the world’s most awarded single malt whisky, Glenfiddich, a most unusual gin in Hendrick’s, and the world’s trendiest Scotch, Monkey Shoulder.
As part of both the Senior Marketing Team, and wider Leadership Team, this role has significant influence in strategic decision making within the business.
Key responsibilities include:
· Responsible for managing all corporate and portfolio communication plans for WG&S UK – including both internal and external communications strategies
· Leading, motivating and developing the team in line with company values and business purpose to maximise employee engagement
· Promoting WG&S UK as a Centre of Excellence within the wider WG&S group
· Management of a portfolio of annual events, including an annual Company Conference, launch of an industry leading publication, and wider internal communication platforms including quarterly business briefings
· Management of agency partners to deliver campaigns from brief to evaluation
· Line management of two colleagues, focused on delivering the events strategy for the UK business, including the running of an advocacy based external members club, industry initiatives including fun days and festivals, and internal events such as Christmas and summer parties
The role is available on a maternity cover basis for one year from December 2017. Location is office based at the UK HQ in Hook, Hampshire; however, flexible arrangements can be discussed.
Potential candidates should benefit from a relevant PR or Marketing Degree, experience managing internal and external PR campaigns, relevant drinks industry experience, and excellent communications and influencing skills.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning “Senior Communications Manager” in the subject line and including your current salary details.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you currently have the legal right to work in the location of the vacancy?