Accounts Payable Associate
Are you a driven, focused finance professional looking to contribute a portfolio of premium brands, including Glenfiddich, Hendrick’s Gin and Milagro Tequila, to name a few? If you are, then this could be the opportunity for you.
Based in our Edison, NJ, office, the Accounts Payable Associate will complement the WGS Finance team, where he or she will handle day-to-day accounts payable functions: including AP vendor maintenance, entering AP invoices and credits, complying with three-way match PO process, produce weekly & ad-hoc payment proposals, month-end reconciliations, payment of state tax reporting and IFS input and research for the WGS Accounting & Finance team.
- Enter trade and service voucher invoices and process purchase order voucher matched invoice
- Prepare weekly and ad hoc payment proposals
- Verify that all appropriate authorizations and approvals are documented before invoice input
- Respond timely and appropriately to vendor and internal inquiries
- Communicate with management regarding any sensitive business issues
- Maintain AP vendor files and master file
- Ensure all requirement documents are received and verified before vendor creation or modification
- Prepare weekly/monthly/yearly validation reports to include 1099’s and mailings
- Assist with the annual vendor risk re-assessment to comply with company policies and procedures
- Responsible for the payment of state tax for various states
- Assist with internal/external audit requests
- Assist with maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Perform ad hoc requests
We’re a pioneering company always looking at new ways of improving what we do, so you shouldn’t be surprised if your expertise, knowledge and opinion are asked for beyond your normal day to day work.
To be successful in this role you do need to have a certain level of qualifications and experience which includes:
- College degree from a four year institution preferred with a background in Accounting related field
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years of related experience with an on-line Accounts Payable ERP application
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Experience with IFS AP module a plus
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
At William Grant & Sons, we take a long term view of our business and are committed to developing and supporting our people. We are also committed to expanding into new markets globally, and now have a network of offices around the world managing the production, sales, marketing and distribution of our portfolio of brands in over 180 markets.
Our distilleries are the heart of that our commitment to grow and the people and teams that keep the lights on are essential to everything we do! So if you think you’re the type of Rare character that could be part of our family and thrive in a pioneering and agile environment then we would like to hear from you.