Operations Finance Leader
|Region:||United Kingdom and Ireland|
Do you have experience of managing a wide variety of finance functions – Internal Control, Financial Accounting & Reporting, Cost Accounting, Financial Analysis, Commercial Finance? If so, then this could be the opportunity for you!
We are looking for an Operations Finance Leader to lead the Tullamore Finance function supporting both the distilling and bottling operations at the site. Provide accurate and timely management accounts, latest estimates, budgets and commercial analysis to support business decision making whilst reviewing and making recommendations to improve the reporting formats, processes and timelines. Maintain a strong control environment to mitigate risk across the business.
Our brand new €35 million state-of-the-art Tullamore Distillery opened September 2014, returning whiskey production to its heartland of Tullamore 60 years after the original distillery closed its doors.
The distillery was built to meet growing international demand for Tullamore D.E.W. which has become the second best selling Irish whiskey in the world.
As a vital member of the Finance team, you will be responsible for a number of key tasks including:
- Compile and analyse month end reports, strategic and annual plans for the Tullamore Distillery site to produce the Annual Budget, Latest Estimates and Five Year Plans in accordance with Group guidelines.
- Preparation of William Grant & Sons Irish Manufacturing Ltd statutory accounts for year end and support necessary review(s) including preparing finance papers for Irish Manufacturing Ltd Board meetings.
- Preparation of monthly P&L and Balance Sheet for consolidated Irish Manufacturing Ltd company.
- Proactively support site leadership in all matters relating to finance and business performance.
- Provision and analysis of operational finance KPIs and ad hoc analysis or explanations in order to ensure maximum site efficiency / cost control.
- Ensure a strong control environment is in place across the site focussing on risk mitigation and control improvements.
- Work closely with other site Finance Managers across the business to ensure that consistent processes are developed and applied.
- Lead, motivate and develop the Operations Finance team in line with Company Values to maximise employee engagement.
We pride ourselves in embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
Applicants should hold a professional qualification in accountancy or finance management, with excellent interpersonal, communications and team-building skills with proven track record of people management. It is preferable to have previous experience of working in a FMCG environment and in a fast-growing company with significant post qualification experience (at least five years) in a management role a distinct advantage.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the skills required, please see the success profile by following the link below.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you currently have the legal right to work in the location of the vacancy?