|Region:||United Kingdom and Ireland|
Do you have knowledge and experience of Health & Safety, Environmental and Continuous improvement techniques and are a proven leader who can set objectives, performance manage a team and develop individuals to achieve their potential? If so, then this could be the opportunity for you!
We are looking for Lead Technician to support the Technician Team leader in leading and co-ordinating the Technician team to ensure delivery of key results in line with overall Site strategy and compliant with all relevant legislation.
Our brand new €35 million state-of-the-art Tullamore Distillery opened September 2014, returning whiskey production to its heartland of Tullamore 60 years after the original distillery closed its doors.
The distillery was built to meet growing international demand for Tullamore D.E.W. which has become the second best selling Irish whiskey in the world.
As a vital member of the Maintenance team, you will be responsible for a number of key tasks including:
- Ensure HS&E and legislative compliance elements are managed within your area of responsibility.
- Coordinate team shift activities to ensure maximum efficiency is gained from available resource, and planned work is compliant against set targets.
- Manage contractors efficiently and effectively in line with company guidelines.
- Produce reports and improvement plans for assigned areas to achieve set KPI targets.
- Control engineering budgetary spend to augment business benefit from available funds.
- Provide hands-on support to ensure best performance from engineering assets.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with production Team leaders and coordinators ensuring that overall operational objectives are delivered and that customer service quality is maximised.
- Monitor and revise maintenance works within IFS to eliminate non value adding tasks.
- Identify skills gaps within the maintenance team and devise training plans to correct omissions.
- Conduct daily / weekly business updates to improve team members awareness of the latest internal / external developments.
We pride ourselves in embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
Applicants should be qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline to a minimum HNC level with management of contractors and knowledge of associated legislative requirements including RAMS, PUWER and LOLER. It is preferable to have a working knowledge of PLC / SCADA systems and are qualified as a multi skilled technician (qualifications in mechanical and electrical).
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the skills required, please see the success profile by following the link below.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you currently have the legal right to work in the location of the vacancy?