|Region:||United Kingdom and Ireland|
Do you have experience of working in a quality/technical role and are a self-starter who has the confidence and to work on their own initiative? If so, then this could be the opportunity for you!
We are looking for Quality Specialist to monitor and record product quality and incoming material quality within the bottling operations, communicating issues as necessary to relevant stakeholders to enable the business to meet and exceed customer and consumer quality expectations.
Our brand new €35 million state-of-the-art Tullamore Distillery opened September 2014, returning whiskey production to its heartland of Tullamore 60 years after the original distillery closed its doors.
The distillery was built to meet growing international demand for Tullamore D.E.W. which has become the second best selling Irish whiskey in the world.
As a vital member of the Production team, you will be responsible for a number of key tasks including:
- Ensure that safe working practices and quality procedures are strictly followed to ensure compliance with Irish Tax & Customs, environmental legislation & Food Safety requirements.
- To perform line sample inspection audits to measure and record product quality within operations and action as appropriate.
- To test liquid quality using a range of techniques including; Gas Chromotography, Atomic Absorption, Turbidity, Photospectometry, Ph & Ethanol Concentrations.
- To control stock which fails to meet required quality standards and report internally within the business.
- Investigate production quality issues to support the identification of root cause and contribute to the development of solutions
- To record, communicate and investigate material defects and liaise with external suppliers as required.
- To promote quality standards in the bottling hall and support and advise line operators on issues relating to product quality.
- Assist, train and supervise quality criteria / inspections for new product and engineering trials.
- Analysis and verification of product compliance to specifications (physical and performance) using appropriate measuring equipment.Be committed to delivering excellence – act as an innovator, driving change and identifying and implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
We pride ourselves in embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
Applicants should be highly organised and detail minded in all tasks with a view to driving continuous improvement with previous demonstrable experience of working in a quality/technical role. It is preferable that you have a working knowledge of production and packaging processes in an FMCG environment with knowledge of dry goods materials and supplier contacts
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the skills required, please see the success profile by following the link below.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you currently have the legal right to work in the location of the vacancy?