Production Technical Operator
|Region:||United Kingdom and Ireland|
Do you have good knowledge /experience of FMCG Operations & distribution of finished product a basic level of competence for Microsoft Word and Excel packages? If so, then this could be the opportunity for you!
We are looking for 6 Production Technical Operators to safely operate designated production hall assets and/or other production line tasks (e.g. packing) to specified quality standards in compliance with all relevant legislation.
Our brand new €35 million state-of-the-art Tullamore Distillery opened September 2014, returning whiskey production to its heartland of Tullamore 60 years after the original distillery closed its doors.
The distillery was built to meet growing international demand for Tullamore D.E.W. which has become the second best selling Irish whiskey in the world.
As a vital member of the Packaging and Supply Chain team, you will be responsible for a number of key tasks including:
- To operate, clean and maintain production assets. Optimising asset settings to ensure repeatable, consistent and efficient performance adhering to quality standards and production schedule.
- Ensure that safe working practices and quality procedures are strictly followed to ensure compliance with Irish Tax & Customs, environmental legislation, ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and FEMAS requirements and to produce a safe product.
- Carry out changeovers on asset following procedures to ensure right first time start up.
- Conducts quality checks at predetermined slots in the process to ensure quality is being achieved and maintained, taking accountability to deliver excellence in our products, ensuring perfection for the customer and consumer. Takes appropriate action to highlight any deficiencies in line with quality assurance programme.
- Work on own initiative to ensure prompt appropriate corrective action is taken across all tasks, whenever necessary and ensure adequate recording and communication of any action taken.
- Conducts maintenance, safety checks and housekeeping tasks to maintain a safe and organised work environment.
- Ensure KPI’s are understood and achieved, regularly measuring performance against these to assess performance.
- Working within a high performing team culture, contribute appropriately to team meetings and support the implementation of site strategy, production plans and continuous improvement projects
We pride ourselves in embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
Applicants should have a basic level of competence for Microsoft Word and Excel packages with a proven track record demonstrating compliance with Health & Safety and practising problem solving techniques.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the skills required, please see the success profile by following the link below.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you currently have the legal right to work in the location of the vacancy?