Distribution Team Member
|Region:||United Kingdom and Ireland|
Do you have good knowledge /experience of Warehouse Operations & Distribution of finished product and Yellow Belt Six Sigma trained? If so, then this could be the opportunity for you!
We are looking for 2 Distribution Team Members to support Packaging team in order to deliver results in line with the Operations strategy and to meet internal/external stakeholder’s requirements. To ensure a high standard of quality while carrying out daily tasks and complying with Health & Safety standards.
Our brand new €35 million state-of-the-art Tullamore Distillery opened September 2014, returning whiskey production to its heartland of Tullamore 60 years after the original distillery closed its doors.
The distillery was built to meet growing international demand for Tullamore D.E.W. which has become the second best selling Irish whiskey in the world.
As a vital member of the Production team, you will be responsible for a number of key tasks including:
- To service the bottling lines with materials & required service, liaising with Production Technical Operators to ensure optimum flow of material to and from lines.
- Implement best practice processes and procedures within distribution to maximise team effectiveness and flexibility, ensuring a strong interface with Packaging and Supply Chain.
- To efficiently & effectively manage returns of materials (or finished stock) back to the store following production lines ensuring all materials are identified & accounted for accordingly.
- Ensure all activities carried out are compliant and ensure that safe working practices and quality procedures are strictly followed to remain compliant with Irish Tax & Customs, environmental legislation, ISO 9001, and OHSAS 18001 requirements, and to produce a safe product.
- Conduct basic maintenance, safety checks and housekeeping tasks to maintain a safe and organised work environment.
- Conducts quality checks to ensure quality is being achieved and maintained, taking accountability to deliver excellence in our products, ensuring perfection for the customer and consumer. Takes appropriate action to highlight any deficiencies in line with quality assurance programme.
- Work on own initiative to ensure prompt appropriate corrective action is taken across all tasks, whenever necessary and ensure adequate recording and communication of any action taken.
- Be committed to delivering excellence – act as an innovator, driving change and identifying and implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Working within a high performing team culture, contribute appropriately to team meetings and support the implementation of site strategy, production plans and continuous improvement projects.
We pride ourselves in embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
It is essential applicants have a proven track record in practising problem solving techniques and able to demonstrate compliance with Health & Safety and Customs. A good Working knowledge of HSA, Irish Tax & Customs, EPA and other relevant regulatory requirements is desirable along with being Yellow Belt Six Sigma trained.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the skills required, please see the success profile by following the link below.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you currently have the legal right to work in the location of the vacancy?