Operations Finance Director, North America
We're looking for Operations focused Finance Leader to join our Operations Finance team. This role, base in our Edison, NJ office, is responsible for the delivery of timely and accurate financial reporting and commercial analysis in support of key Operations business objectives, and is accountable for financial processes and controls within the North America region.
To be successful in this role you will need at minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or related field), technical prowess in cost and inventory accounting, and extensive experience leading and developing multi-site, cross-market Finance teams within a FMCG or manufacturing environment. Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish), and previous experience within the food or beverage industry a plus.
- Ensure a strong control environment is in place across the sites focusing on risk mitigation and control improvements.
- Compile and analyse month end reports, strategic and annual plans for the sites to produce the Annual Budget, Latest Estimates and Five Year Plans in accordance with the Group guidelines.
- Preparation of monthly P&L and Balance Sheet for the operational sites, ensuring high degree of accuracy and completeness
- Support and guide the site leadership teams in all matters relating to finance and business performance
- Provision and analysis of Operational finance KPIs and information including ad hoc analysis to maximum performance
- Assess accounting processes, recommend and implement automation and process improvement
- Leadership for projects and integration activities across the region and focal point for global initiatives
- Work closely with other site finance managers to ensure consistent global finance processes are developed, improved and executed
- Evaluating and presenting to senior management findings/recommendations on initiatives/opportunities/risks through scenario modelling and other financial analysis
- Lead, motivate and develop the Operations Finance team in line with the Company Values to maximise employee engagement. Promote, develop and embed a “one team” approach to Finance in support of the delivery of a Global Finance function
Skills & Qualifications
- Qualified Accountant with experience of leading and developing multi-site, and cross market Finance teams ideally within the FCMG or Manufacturing sectors
- Strong exposure of influencing and building effective relationships across functions, geographies and levels up to an including Director level.
- Comprehensive experience in technical accounting aspects of cost and inventory accounting as well as significant experience across financial control and reporting gained ideally in a manufacturing and/or supply chain environment
- Demonstrated ability of analysing and presenting complex financial data to both senior leader and Executive Level.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office suite and business ERP and reporting tools
- Strong attention to detail and comfortablewith analysing complex data
- Good communicator at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to manage and influence multiple stakeholders to Director level
- Self-starter who can work on their own initiative