Quality Improvement Team Leader
|Region:||United Kingdom and Ireland|
Quality Improvement Team Leader
We are looking for an experienced Quality leader to drive improvement in both product quality and process compliance to internal and legislative standards within Dufftown Site to enable the business to meet and exceed customer and consumer expectations.
As a vital member of the team you will be involved in a variety of exciting projects which will include:
- To implement processes and deploy specific quality standards that optimises product quality to maintain our global reputation for quality, working collaboratively and cross functionally across operational teams.
- To proactively support manufacturing teams to drive improvement in quality metrics, reducing parts per million defects and levels of quality related decant and repair.
- To facilitate and drive continuous improvement across manufacturing to drive improvement in quality metrics, reducing parts per million defects and levels of quality related decant and repair.
- To support compliance with all global food safety and mandatory legislative requirements so maintaining key contracts with new and existing customers.
- To actively contribute to and support New Product Development / Engineering Projects throughout all stages of feasibility, implementation, trialling and final approval to ensure suitability for global markets prior to first shipment. Supervise quality criteria / inspections for new product and engineering trials
- To collate, prepare and publish weekly and monthly quality reports to relevant stakeholders. To assist with the preparation of Team budget and provide input to the three year capital expenditure plan.
- To develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, to raise awareness and promote finished goods quality. Coach and develop Line Teams and Engineering Teams promoting a positive quality culture of continuous improvement.
- To monitor customer complaint trends / information, ensuring robust corrective actions are implemented where necessary within packaging operations.
- To benchmark our quality systems with comparable organisations to ensure that best practice is adopted and maintained within the company.
- To lead, motivate and develop Quality Team members in line with the Company Values to maximise achievement and engagement within the team.
Applicants must be degree qualified, preferably in a Quality or Science discipline advantageous as well as having a proven record of successful application of problem solving techniques and process improvement. Knowledge of Production and Packaging Processes and can demonstrate successful use of Quality Tools / Techniques (including Six Sigma methodology) within a manufacturing environment.
As the largest Scotch whisky distiller still remaining in family ownership, we take a long term view of our business and are committed to developing and supporting our people.
Our distilleries are the heart of that our commitment to grow and the people and teams that keep the lights on are essential to everything we do! So if you think you’re the type of Rare character that could be part of our family and thrive in a pioneering and agile environment then we would like to hear from you!
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the responsibilities involved, please see the success profile by following the link below
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you currently have the legal right to work in the location of the vacancy?