Process Team Leader
|Region:||United Kingdom and Ireland|
Are you a proven leader, or demonstrates leadership potential, for setting objectives, performance managing a team and developing individuals to achieve their potential, along with a personal drive for continual improvement and executional excellence in everything they do? If so, then this could be the opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Process Team Leader to lead, control and continually improve all designated aspects of health & safety/compliance and production activity to ensure the delivery of key results in line with the budget, while ensuring all operations adhere to relevant legislation.
Our brand new €35 million state-of-the-art Tullamore Distillery opened September 2014, returning whiskey production to its heartland of Tullamore 60 years after the original distillery closed its doors.
The distillery was built to meet growing international demand for Tullamore D.E.W. which has become the second best selling Irish whiskey in the world.
As a vital member of the Process team, you will be responsible for a number of key tasks including:
- Lead the implementation of Operational Excellence with the delivery of the annual operational plans in line with Company, Operations and Business Unit objectives, ensuring compliance, quality, yield, volume, cost and interested parties are at the forefront of every decision. Timely monthly reports to leader and reporting to regulatory bodies as required.
- Implement best practice processes and procedures, maximising effectiveness and efficiency, and tracking performance. Implement, maintain and lead SIC measure/reporting in area.
- Ensure plant and key unit operations/equipment on plant are maintained, and ensure all CSD checks are completed in a timely manner. Implement and maintain first line maintenance in area.
- Lead, implement and support continual improvement initiatives and ensure ownership and knowledge transfer is effective after any project implementation (C.I or capital).
- Manage the Process budget including variable, fixed costs and capital/SR requirements for maximum functional benefit.
- Develop a high performing team culture and lead, motivate and develop the team in line with Company Purpose and Values to maximise employee engagement and ensure all learning and development needs are planned and resourced, with the overall aim of delivering operational excellence.
- Be part of the ‘on call team leader’ rota.
We pride ourselves in embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
It is essential applicants are educated to degree level in a Science/Brewing/Engineering discipline and/or demonstrates significant technical competence or experience in either Science/Brewing/Chemical Engineering or Pharmaceutical fields and have knowledge and experience in the relevant areas of H&S legislation, Irish Revenue and environmental compliance, food & feed safety and the application of best practice initiatives. It is also preferable to have production planning experience.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the skills required, please see the success profile by following the link below.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you currently have the legal right to work in the location of the vacancy?