Process Support Technologist
|Region:||United Kingdom and Ireland|
Do you have analytical experience in sample preparation as well as GC and / or HPLC techniques, along with technical competence in either Distilling, Brewing or related industry? If so, then this could be the opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Process Support Technologist to provide practical support to ensure delivery of key analytical, technical standards and project results across distilleries. Maintaining and enhancing product / process compliance and efficiency through continuous improvement to enable the business to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Our brand new €35 million state-of-the-art Tullamore Distillery opened September 2014, returning whiskey production to its heartland of Tullamore 60 years after the original distillery closed its doors.
The distillery was built to meet growing international demand for Tullamore D.E.W. which has become the second best selling Irish whiskey in the world.
As a vital member of the Technical team, you will be responsible for a number of key tasks including:
- Maintain and enhance efficiency and quality of all areas of the distillery production through coordinated improvement plans within Technical and other departments.
- Analyse all raw materials and “in process” materials and effluent for a range of analytical parameters in accordance with standard procedures.
- Interpret production data and analytical results and, through CI techniques and effective communication, provide information on required actions to maintain process and product quality, efficiency and compliance.
- Lead technical improvement projects to enhance site performance and manage the quality, safety and compliance obligations through the KPIs
- Identify opportunities within the production process and action to reduce losses and improve performance and quality.
- Co-ordinate the Process management systems in the technical compliance area, namely ISO9001:2016, OHSAS18001, ISO 14001,FEMAS (Tullamore Distillery) and ensure the area is fully compliant.
We pride ourselves in embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
It is essential applicants are Degree educated in a science or engineering discipline with preference for Brewing and Distilling, along with proven experience of delivering technical improvements within a process environment. It is preferable to have a Diploma in Distilling or working to Diploma along with experience of working in a production environment.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the skills required, please see the success profile by following the link below.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you currently have the legal right to work in the location of the vacancy?