|Region:||United Kingdom and Ireland|
Are you an innovative individual who is able to influence others whilst having the resilience to pursue issues to a satisfactory conclusion without excessive guidance? If so, this could be the opportunity for you.
We are looking for a Project Engineer to deliver Capital & SR projects to improve process efficiencies within the SBP/Girvan/Dufftown facility and we would look at chemical and mechanical disciplines.
Based from our flagship Distillery in Dufftown, the spiritual home of our company, where our founder created the first dram of Glenfiddich 125 years ago, this role will support and enable the ambitious plans of a growing global spirits company with a portfolio of premium brands, including Glenfiddich, Hendricks Gin and Grant's whisky to name but a few.
As a vital member of the team you will be involved in a variety of exciting projects which will include:
- Provide clear and concise technical project reports that detail conclusions and recommendations based on tangible technical data to Operations leader and/or Head of Engineering.
- Devise innovative methods of adding value through a close working relationship with Operational leadership on site.
- Analyse and assess operational activities in order to identify areas for improvement across the site and within the wider business.
- Manage the delivery of assigned Capital & SR projects within the agreed scope, budget, time frame, quality and business case, ensuring a strong interface with operational stakeholders throughout the process/project management cycle.
- Negotiate, co-ordinate and control suppliers to eliminate variations whilst obtaining most effective solution.
- Ensure all project activities are conducted within applicable legislation
- Propose new ways of working by keeping abreast of best practice in processes and technologies.
- Provide progress updates against assigned projects to the Head of Engineering, identifying opportunities, risks and any remedial action plans required.
As the largest Scotch whisky distiller still remaining in family ownership, we take a long term view of our business and are committed to developing and supporting our people.
It is essential you are degree level qualified and desirable that you are chartered engineer or ability to work towards with experience of Leading Teams.
Our distilleries are the heart of that our commitment to grow and the people and teams that keep the lights on are essential to everything we do! So if you think you’re the type of Rare character that could be part of our family and thrive in a pioneering and agile environment then we would like to hear from you!
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the skills required, please see the success profile by following the link below.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you currently have the legal right to work in the location of the vacancy?