Maturation Team Leader
|Region:||United Kingdom and Ireland|
We are now recruiting for a Technical Development – Maturation Team Leader to join our thriving team in Girvan.
You will have the experience of being able to development of brown spirits maturation quality and losses through a programme of projects focussing on continuous improvement and reporting losses to enable the business to meet and exceed expectations.
This role will implement the technical development strategy for maturation losses and maturation quality. As a vital member of the team you will be managing a variety of exciting projects from day one which will include:
- Lead all maturation projects in relation to spirit quality development and losses. Ensure that all maturation / cask based projects are adequately resourced and the technical project delivery is provided to an on time in full specification.
- Ensure monthly reporting of maturation losses is completed for all distilling sites.
- Apply insights and develop an ongoing programme of work based on this data.
- Responsible for specifications of all incoming wood to WGS.
- Analyse all mature and maturing spirits for a range of analytical parameters in accordance with standard procedures.
- Interpretation of process and analytical data allowing insights to be obtained and applied to the process to maintain and / or improve losses or quality with demonstrable improvements.
- Develop the WGS site technical knowledge through; the support and implementation of training interventions, on-the-job coaching, and site communications.
- Ensure that WGS is represented on the distilleries technical liaison groups of the Scotch Whisky Research Institute and where practical implement any research findings from SWRI to the distilleries that may provide commercial benefit.
We pride ourselves on embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of yourday to day role.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the responsibilities involved, please see the success profile by following the link below.
As the largest Scotch whisky distiller still remaining in family ownership, we take a long term view of our business and are committed to developing and supporting our people.
Our distilleries are the heart of that our commitment to grow and the people and teams that keep the lights on are essential to everything we do! So if you think you’re the type of Rare character that could be part of our family and thrive in a pioneering and agile environment then we would like to hear from you!
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the responsibilities involved, please see the role profile by following the link below.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you currently have the legal right to work in the location of the vacancy?