|Region:||United Kingdom and Ireland|
Do you have a Technical and practical understanding of laboratory equipment, procedures and methods, with a knowledge of brewing and distilling processes? If you are, then this could be the opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Laboratory Analyst to provide practical analytical support in order to maintain and enhance the quality and efficiency of all areas of distillery operations as well as ensuring project support, consistency of mature whisky and non-whisky products and meet legislative requirements.
Based from our flagship Distillery in Dufftown, the spiritual home of our company, where our founder created the first dram of Glenfiddich 125 years ago, this role will support and enable the ambitious plans of a growing global spirits company with a portfolio of premium brands, including Glenfiddich, Hendricks Gin and Grant's whisky to name but a few.
As a vital member of the team you will be involved a variety of exciting projects from day one which will include:
- Analyse all raw materials, in process materials and finished products for a range of analytical parameters in accordance with standard procedures and to schedule.
- Interpret results and, through effective communication with production teams, provide information on required actions and recommendations to maintain product quality, efficiency and compliance.
- Ensure results are correct and communicated to key stakeholders in a timely and appropriate manner and that results are recorded diligently.
- Ensure maintenance is carried out on laboratory instrumentation to agreed timescales to ensure accuracy and consistency in analytical results.
- Utilise continuous Improvement technique to improve laboratory and plant performance.
- Support delivery of project work carried out within the Technical team.
We are looking for candidates who are educated to degree level in relevant science or engineering subject with analytical equipment maintenance experience.
We pride ourselves on embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
So if you think you’re the type of Rare character that could be part of our family and thrive in a pioneering and agile environment then we would like to hear from you!
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the responsibilities involved, please see the role profileby selecting the "download PDF" link at the top of the page.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you currently have the legal right to work in the location of the vacancy?