Technical Support Team Member (Chemist)
|Region:||United Kingdom and Ireland|
Technical Support Team Member (Chemist) – Girvan - Fixed Term Contract
Do you have technical and practical understanding of laboratory equipment, procedures and methods with knowledge of malt and grain distilling processes? If do, then this could be the opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Technical Support Team Member (Chemist) to provide practical analytical support in order to maintain and enhance the quality and efficiency of all areas of new make spirit production as well as ensuring consistency of mature whisky and non-whisky products.
This role will support and enable the ambitious plans of a growing global spirits company with a portfolio of premium brands, including Glenfiddich, Hendricks Gin and Grant's whisky to name but a few.
As a vital member of the team you will be involved a variety of exciting projects from day one which will include:
- Analyse all “in process” materials and finished products for a range of analytical parameters in accordance with standard procedures and to schedule.
- Interpret results and, through effective communication with production teams, provide
information on required actions and recommendations to maintain product quality and efficiency.
- Ensure results are correct and communicated to key stakeholders in a timely and appropriate manner and that results are recorded diligently.
- Assist with preparation of samples for internal and external customers ensuring customer demands and timescales are met.
- Ensure basic maintenance is carried out on laboratory instrumentation to agreed timescales to ensure accuracy and consistency in analytical results.
- Support delivery of project work carried out within the Technical team.
You should be an environmental chemist with a minimum of 18 months experience, preferably in the energy or pharmaceutical industry, with demonstrable skill in GC's, Atomic Absorption and HPLC. The successful candidate will also be an Excellent communicator who the ability to work accurately and attention to detail.
We pride ourselves on embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the responsibilities involved, please see the success profile by following the link below.
As the largest Scotch whisky distiller still remaining in family ownership, we take a long term view of our business and are committed to developing and supporting our people.
Our distilleries are the heart of that our commitment to grow and the people and teams that keep the lights on are essential to everything we do! So if you think you’re the type of Rare character that could be part of our family and thrive in a pioneering and agile environment then we would like to hear from you!